The goal of CAPP is to educate teens about their sexual health and development and to assist them in making safe choices. This age-appropriate sexuality education has been shown to be successful in reducing teen pregnancy. Along with education on life skills, healthy relationships, financial literacy and self-esteem, the CAPP program aids youth in becoming independent, self-aware young adults. Parental involvement is important to the success of students and, together, Huntington and parents can promote sexual health for teens residing in Onondaga county.
- For students in middle and high school who are at risk for unsafe sexual behavior
- Offered at area middle/high schools and youth organizations
- Comprehensive, age appropriate, evidence based sexuality education
- A place to learn about healthy relationships, life skills, financial literacy, and career development
- A bridge to reproductive healthcare through Planned Parenthood and Family Planning Services