.Huntington's Neighborhood Advisor program provides, to persons 60 years of age and older, intensive outreach and referrals to services and support networking to lessen feelings of isolation and to enable seniors to experience their highest degree of independence. Neighborhood advisors are bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Visit seniors in their homes
- Help seniors fill out forms (HEAP, Medicare Savings Plan, Food Stamps, SSI, SNAP, etc.)
- Locate services (health, legal, transportation, housing, etc.)
- Provide individual and group presentations on benefits, entitlements and other topics of interest
Neighborhood Advisors can provide:
- Intensive outreach
- Conflict resolution
- Referral and information
- Educational resources
- Substance abuse education
Coordinated and funded by a grant from the Department of Adult and Long Term Care Services, formerly the Department of Aging and Youth, the New York State Office for the Aging and the U.S. Administration on Aging.