The Six Essential Elements of a Quality Pre-school Program are:
Facility: Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school rooms and outdoor play yard are designed for safety and accessibility. Bright and cheerful classrooms are warm and inviting for children. Functionality and fun are built in to help the children enjoy their school experience.
- Staff: Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school staff is experienced and dedicated to providing the best education possible.
- Group Size: Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school offers high teacher to child ratios. The 3-year-old room has 2 teachers and 10 children in each half-day session. The 4-year-old room has 2 teachers and 15 children in each full-day session. This gives our teachers more individual quality time to spend with each child.
- Curriculum and Instruction: Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school teachers ensure that the curriculum for each room is developmentally appropriate and interesting. Teachers include the New York State learning standards as the focus for activities because these early skills are the building blocks for the children's future success in school and life.
- Assessment: Hutington Family Centers' Pre-school teachers complete written assessments three times yearly. These assessments, completed in October, February and June, allow our teachers to adjust their plans to meet targeted goals for each child.
- Family Involvement: Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school encourages family participation in all preschool events. Parents are invited to join their children on field trips, visit in the classroom and have daily interaction with Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school teachers.
The primary goal of Huntington Family Centers' Pre-school program is to promote school success by providing positive role models and social experience geared toward the development of character, strong values, and healthy relationships. The program provides children and families access to quality and affordable early childhood opportunities.
Pre-school Program information:
Toddler Room and 3-Year-Old-Room:
- Toddler Room: from 18 months to 3 years of age
- 3 Year Old Room: From 3 to 4 years of age
- School days are Tuesday through Friday, 9:00 to 11:30 AM or 12:30 to 3:00 PM
Universal Pre-K Program:
- For children 4 to 5 years old
- School days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM