Updated April 2, 2020:
Due to an increasing demand on our food pantry, we will not be open on Monday, April 6th and will spend next week restocking for Friday, April 10th. Pantry will operate tomorrow, April 3rd. Please call 315.744.5951. to schedule an appointment for April 10. Walk-ins will be assisted on Niagara St. entrance as time permits.
If you are need of assistance in the next week, please reach out to one of these other centers here. We apologize for any inconvenience this presents, we continue to do our best to meet the growing demands right now.
Good health and safety,
Huntington Family Center
Syracuse Community Connections (401 South Ave., 13204)
For more information call Jenny Pennington, 315.671.5802
- Family planning Services by appoitment and telehealth only. North Syracuse Clinic closed for 60 days.
- Food Pantry & Food Distribution: Fresh Hot Meals (Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.), Food Pantry 1st and Last Tesday of the month, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and Fresh Food giveaway: 3rd Friday of the month, 1:30 p.m. until food is gone
- Diaper Bank operates Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 315.484.0732. Walk-ins welcome, diapers are first come, first serve and identification required.
Syracuse Northeast Community Connection (716 Hawley Ave., 13203)
- Basic Needs Pantry: Monday & Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Be prepared to provide your first and last name, # of children, seniors and adults living in their household and zip code.
- Diaper Bank by appoitment only on Monday from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. To schedule an appoitment, contact Patty Sullivan at email@example.com or Lexi Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.472.6343.
Updated March 23, 2020:
As we continue to be urged to practice social distancing to flatten the curve, we are changing the way we operate our food pantry. Our food pantry will still operate on Monday and Friday mornings but we will be asking those in need of utilizing the pantry to call this number, 315.744.5951. When you call this number please be ready to provide to one of our staff or to the voicemail your first and last name, number of children and adults in your household and your zip code along with a good callback number. We will then provide you with a time on Monday or Friday mornings to come pick up your order, it is important that you stick to your appointment. If you cannot make your appointment, please call that number back.
Thank you, Huntington Family Centers
Updated March 18, 2020: HOPE, our supervised visitation program has suspended visitations at this time. Our Food Pantry will still operate Monday and Fridays, 9:00 am - Noon, we ask that you use the Gifford St. entrance.
Posted March 16, 2020:
Our thoughts remain with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. Over the last several days and weeks, we have been meeting with staff to address the ever-changing situation regarding the Coronavirus. Today, we learned of two positive cases in Onondaga County, which has closed schools effective today. As a member of this great community, our priority has been and always will be our neighbors and their wellbeing.
Therefore, effective today, in addition to Clover Corner the following programs in the building will be closed:
- Youth Services (afterschool, OPWDD, Youth Resource, and CAPP)
- Family Support Network
- Workforce Development
- Fee for Service Supervised Visitation
Our HASOTP, FOF, Neighborhood Advisors, and EISEP will discontinue face to face interactions in all counties we serve with clients but should continue to maintain contact with clients by phone. We are asking Program Supervisors to work with their staff to create contact lists for clients served so that at least weekly communication by phone can be made until programs resume.
As a member of this community, we recognize the need for food in our community especially as schools close. Therefore, our Emergency Services Food Pantry will remain open on Monday and Friday 9:00 – noon. Modified operations will be put in place such as using our Gifford St. entrance. In addition, the Syracuse City School District has announced meal pick-up sites across the city that will operate 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Also at this time, decisions on HOPE visits will be made on a case by case basis. If visits are being held, additional precautions will be put into place.
As we learn more about COVID-19, we will reevaluate the situation on a weekly basis, posting any updates to our website and Facebook page. During this time, we remind you the importance of social distancing, washing your hands and covering your sneezes and coughs with your elbow.
Wishing you health,
Mary Lou Sayles, Executive Director and Huntington Family Centers Board of Directors